There are so many ways you can help Sands Queensland support bereaved parents. From raising awareness to volunteering, every little bit helps. The Sands Queensland Committee and Staff are very grateful for all of the volunteers and want to help you to help us.
Take a look through the list below or maybe you have something in mind already.
Contact the Sands Queensland State Manager for full information and guidelines about volunteering and fundraising.
Spread the Word
- Join our Facebook page and share our message.
- Show support on your website or blog and put a link to Sands Queensland.
- Find out how you can volunteer and supply support resources to hospitals, Doctors, Obstetricians etc.
- Proudly wear a Sands Queensland shirt or cap at your next event. Shop HERE.
- Ask your family and friends to give a Meaningful Gift instead of a present this year.
- Become a Parent Supporter
- Become a Sands Queensland Regional Contact.
- Volunteer or organise an event for bereaved parents.
- Create a 'In memory of' page for your baby at EveryDay Hero. Ask friends and family to donate on your baby's birthday, anniversary or special occasion.
- Take part in an event and start a supporter page.
- Get your friends and family together, or other bereaved parents and plan your own event or fundraiser.
- Join one of our existing events. For a full list of events go to our Event Page.
- Set up a fundraising page during October Pregnancy and Infant Loss Month and help increase awareness.
- Hold a morning tea, luncheon or other event with proceeds going to Sands Queensland.
- Become a member of Sands Queensland for $30.
- Sponsor a newsletter edition in memory of a precious baby.
- Make a tax deductable donation in memory of your baby.
- Support one of our fundraisers.
- Set up a monthly donation to Sands Queensland by contacting the state office
- Donate goods and/or services for Sands housekeeping, events or programs - Wish LIst
- Volunteer your time at Sands House New Farm - Positions Vacant
- Join us for Volunteer Day at Sands House.
- Become a parent supporter for phone, email, online groups or support meetings.
- Organise or help with events.
- Sponsor a newsletter edition in memory of a precious baby
- Sponsor Sands Queensland membership for a bereaved parent who is financially unable.
- Sponsor services at Sands - photocopying, office equipment, tea & coffee, ribbons for the Ribbon Heart.
- Sponsor a SandsQ Butterfly memory bag in honour of a precious baby.